Jul 29, 2015
Today's Guest: Tony Little, HSN fitness and exercise guru,
author of There's Always A Way.
Watch this exclusive Mr. Media interview with TONY LITTLE by clicking on the video player above!
Mr. Media is recorded live before a studio audience full of self-righteous men and women who swear by their daily fitness routines, eat right at every meal, and – whenever you’re not looking – Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!… in the NEW new media capital of the world… St. Petersburg, Florida!
The Tampa Bay area of Florida – where Mr. Media has been recorded twice a week since 2007 – has produced its share of national brands and personalities.
• Remember the “Morning Zoo” radio phenomenon of the 1980s? Cleveland Wheeler and Scott Shannon started that here at Q105.
• Hooters Restaurants began in a Clearwater shack; the chain
also launched original Hooters Girl Lynne Austin to fame, fortune
and Playmate of the Year.
TONY LITTLE podcast excerpt: "I must have called Roy Speer and Bud Paxson, who started Home Shopping Network, every day for a year at their offices and said, 'I've got this video...' I could never get through to them directly! Someone always said, 'We have no interest in fitness videos here. Fitness doesn't fit in with our categories of stuff for women.' But I don't take 'No' too easily. I think every 'No' is an opportunity to negotiate."
You can LISTEN to this interview with HSN fitness and exercise guru TONY LITTLE, author of THERE'S ALWAYS A WAY, by clicking the audio player above!
• Another restaurant chain, Outback Steakhouse, also emerged from here.
• The late as seen on TV commercial spokesman Billy Mays – best known for Oxy-Clean products – got his explosive start out of Palm Harbor.
• This is also the community where Roy Speer and Bud Paxson launched the Home Shopping Club – which morphed into the international powerhouse Home Shopping Network – HSN.
And that’s where today’s guest, first captured your attention
and imagination 29 years ago.
TONY LITTLE podcast excerpt: "I read the authors we all read -- Norman Vincent Peale, Dennis Waitley, Tony Robbins -- all the motivational books and it really helped me set goals. If you don't have a goal, you're like a boat without a rudder."
Just look at him – tanned, taut and mischievous, Tony Little is the kind of health and fitness guru only a beach community in Florida or California could have produced. He exudes that wide-eyed confidence and eternal optimism that has merrily convinced a generation of followers in search of a better lifestyle to follow him.
Like so many other unlikely retail stars created by the Home Shopping Network – they currently offer 73 different Tony Little products, plus recipes – Little has a compelling backstory of highs and lows that made him the man he is today.
(And, of course,you can read all about it in his memoir, There’s
Always A Way.)
Key interview moments:
• 10:30 Who inspired Tony Little?;
• 18:25 Adversity in Tony's life;
• 24:00 The real story of how Tony broke in at Home Shopping Network;
Tony Little Website • Facebook • Twitter • YouTube • Order There's Always A Way from Amazon.com
Tampa Bay Times calls Stadium For Rent (Second Edition) "Notable" for 2015 baseball season!
The Party Authority in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland!
The post Nothing small about HSN fitness expert Tony Little’s appeal! VIDEO INTERVIEW appeared first on Mr. Media.